Please sign in to post.

Day trip from Paris

Any thoughts on a day trip from Paris? I was thinking of the Loire Valley chateaux, but with the help of the TGV, I could pretty much go anywhere, such as Marseille or somewhere else south. If you had one day, what would you do?

Posted by
12 posts

Hi Joel,

For day trips out of Paris, I might even suggest renting a car. You will save time by driving directly and would get to see more. Kent had some great suggestions. Fontainebleau and Vaux-le-Vicomte can be done in one day. Steve

Posted by
402 posts

When will you be travelling? I believe Giverny is closed in March. If you've never been to Versailles, that would be a great day trip.

Posted by
2 posts

I'm traveling in May. I have been to Versaille and to the Loire Valley. But I am willing to go back to the Loire. I am traveling with someone who hasn't been to France, so I wanted to show her something outside of Paris.

Thanks for the posts.

Posted by
220 posts

Beaune is a lovely town in Burgandy. It's a 2 1/2 hour train ride from Paris (Gare de Lyon). We rented bikes and cycled the countryside. They have great wine and cheeses in this area.

Posted by
213 posts

If you've already done Versaille, then Giverney is beautiful in May-- and I did it alone on my first trip out of the country using RS Guide, so it was easily done.

BTW- Hello Cols. (Worthington/OSU Grad)!