Please sign in to post.

Hotel Reservation

Hi, my family and I are going to Paris in April. The flight has been booked, but we are having trouble finding a room. We've tried at least 50 hotels for our family of five. We've tried booking 2 rooms or 1 room for all of us on line, but they all say there is nothing available. To our knowledge this is a good time to go, nothing going on. Any suggestions? What are we doing wrong? My husband and i have been to Paris before and did not have this trouble finding a room in the summer. Welcome any suggestions!

Posted by
11507 posts

ARe you using a booking agency, I find those always say " no availabilties" ..
April in Paris is very popular, you know " April in Paris" ..
Anyways, what is your actual date and budget, I bet posters here will be able to find you rooms .

Posted by
7209 posts

A sure fire way to find a room is www.venere.com There may be other rooms available at better prices, but you can definitely find something on Venere.

Posted by
11507 posts

Hotel Eugenie has rooms, excellant location and decent reiveiws at tripadvisor.com.
Just peeked they have rooms first week of April starting at 110-120 euros for a double.They had a triple also I think .
Anyways check they out , just google Hotel Eugenie

Posted by
4555 posts

You may also want to try to Accor hotel chain, a massive French-owned group with several different brands, from very luxurious to very basic. Their Ibis and Etap hotels are good values, but you might also find some good deals with their Novotel, Mercure, and Pullman (formerly Sofitel) brands. A quick search shows many with availabilities in April. These are modern hotels, not your classic Rue Cler style, but very nice. Check accorhotels.com. I notice their Ibis Tour Montparnasse in the 15th is available at 59 Euro/night...rooms hold 2 people each. Their Etap Courbevoie La Defense is close to the Grande Arche at La Defense, right up Charles De Gaulle from the old Arch de Triomphe...it's available for 53 Euro per night, with rooms holding up to 3 people....a double bed and a single bunk.

Posted by
14 posts

Once you narrow down the hotels you want to stay in (I'd recommend trip advisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/) I would recommend emailing the hotel versus an online booking agency. I did this for my trip to Italy and found in almost all cases where I couldn't find availability via online booking, I could book directly through the hotel.

Good luck!
Amy

Posted by
5 posts

Hey thank you all so much for the information. We found rooms available at the Best Western behind the Louvre and we have reserved them, but we are still looking into the ones you all suggested. As for being in Paris in April, we were thinking that because this time was still their winter it wouldn't be bad to find a room, but I see that isn't true. I will let you know were we finally stay. Thank you again for your kindness. Talk with you soon.

Posted by
42 posts

Have you considered renting an apartment? We rented an apartment from Vacations in Paris.

Posted by
5 posts

We're also looking into B&Bs. Most of the apartments I've looked at so far don't have room for a family of 5. Sounds strange doesn't it. A lot of the B&Bs don't either. We're still looking.

Thanks