Please sign in to post.

Money Exchange

I will traveling from the US to Normandy in May and wonder what is the best way to obtain Euros. ATM, Banks, ?? Thanks

Posted by
20072 posts

Use the ATM machine. Notify your bank that you will be traveling to France (and anywhere else you're going).

Posted by
784 posts

ATMs are widely available everywhere and are the best place to obtain euros. If you are concerned about having some with you when you hit the ground, you can obtain some before leaving home from either a bank or AAA, but those will be the most expensive euros you'll buy. There are ATMs at the airport when you arrive, but if you are like me, and concerned that you might run into trouble the first time you use an ATM, take enough with you to buy something to eat and get to your hotel the first day.

Posted by
2081 posts

LEw,

ATMs are plentiful over there.

If you check with your banks website or Face To Face (FTF), you should be able to find if they have any sharing with european banks to minimize any fees.

worse case, you will know where the ATMs are located.

If youre going to see the WWII sites, you will have a great and somber time. It just amazed me on all of the places i visited and i will be back for what i missed.

Happy trails.

Posted by
11294 posts

As always when money questions come up, I recommend you read all the links on this page of Rick's money tips. Once you do, you'll be an expert.

Posted by
32733 posts

Lew, all your money questions are similar, just in different countries. The answers are all the same though.