Please sign in to post.

hotels in Barcelona

I'm going on a cruise in June out of Barcelona and will need a hotel for one night only. I will be travelling alone and I want somewhere safe, preferably with an attached restaurant, that is not too far from the area where the cruise ships board. Anyone have any suggestions for good, reasonable hotels?

Posted by
1527 posts

Suzi, Barcelona is safe. Go to tripadvisor and the best hotel you can afford located near plaza catalunya. Then go out for a walk, eat tapas, stay up late and enjoy yourself. Next morning go see some sites. The ship will not leave until after 5. P.m. Getting to the dock is easy and only about 20 minutes from the plaza. This guidance is based upon the experience of having boarded a cruise from Barcelona. Relax. Enjoy. Chill. You will be safe. And absolutely do not eat in any restaurant attached to a hotel! There are too many options w wonderful food to choose!

Posted by
11 posts

Thanks for the info, it was helpful! I will find something near Plaza Catalunya!

Posted by
32202 posts

Suzi, I was in Barcelona in June, and would definitely recommend the www.nh-hoteles.es/nh/es/hoteles/espana/barcelona/nh-barcelona-centro.html which is VERY close to La plaça de Catalunya and the start of La Rambla (I'm not sure how close it is to the cruise ship terminals though, but a Taxi ride likely wouldn't cost too much - there's also an excellent Metro system there). The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but they do provide an excellent breakfast, including Champagne or wines for those that are so inclined. One tip though - the staff will cook eggs, sausages, etc. on request, but the sausages are actually small frankfurters - the bacon is a safer choice. There are lots of nice restaurants in the area, with both local fare as well as the usual big multi-national chains (McDonalds, Burger King, Hard Rock Cafe). I believe that El Cortes Ingles department store also has food. You could also visit La Boqueria (part way down La Rambla) and have Tapas at http://pinotxobar.com/ as shown on Rick's TV show. I found Barcelona to be very safe, but I'd still recommend wearing a Money Belt and taking the usual precautions. One final point to mention.... You may find it helpful to have a look at the Mediterranean Cruise Ports Guidebook, as that may save you some money on shore excursions during your cruise. Happy travels!

Posted by
50 posts

I'd recommend Hotel Inglaterra or Hotel Reding. They are both close to Plaza Catalunya.

Posted by
993 posts

We are also going on a cruise in June! We are staying at Hotel Montecarlo, right near Playa Catalunya on Las Ramblas. Kim