Please sign in to post.

CDGVAL

Anyone taken the TDGVAL from near the Hilton at CDG to Terminal 1? We fly out tomorrow (Sat) at 1:00 PM and thought we could take the Hilton shuttle, but they only go to Terminak 2. The front desk says it is only a five minute walk from here, but with five pieces of luggage, only two of them rolling, and my 89 year olf mother in law I'm wondering if it might not make more sense to get a taxi. Any quick thoughts would be appreciated. Jim

Posted by
10188 posts

MIl is 89 and only two bags roll, have the desk call either the special CDG area taxis or the special CDG area private shuttle. These are services that run only in the airport area; they do 't go into Paris. Novotel called the taxi for us last year when I realized we had missed our plane by a day and had to get to the ticket office asap. However this year the girl at the desk at the Mercure had no clue who or what to call. Hope your hotel has a trained desk clerk. The private shuttle was 10 and the CDG taxi was 20.

Posted by
11294 posts

The CDGVAL is like a subway or El. It's not hard to use, but you do have to be mobile enough to get on and off before the doors close, and all luggage is schlepped by you. So, I agree that you should find another method.