Please sign in to post.

Paris

Help...I am traveling to Paris in less than 12 days and I have yet decided on a place to stay....will I be able to find something? Where is the best area? I will be traveling alone and would prefer somewhere clean, comfortable, close to transportation and cafes/markets etc. I am not a nightclub type of person..Any suggestions?

Posted by
2030 posts

The Hotel Tiquetonne is very inexpensive, yet highly regarded. And, the location is great. Rue Tiquetonne is in the 2nd arr. and close to the pedestrian market street of Rue Montorgueil. I stayed at an apartment on Tiquetonne, virtually across from this hotel. I am not sure if you can book this hotel online, or have to go in person. And, I have heard others say the staff is friendly, but their English is limited. But I think you should check it out! Good Luck.

http://www.eurocheapo.com/paris/hotel/hotel-tiquetonne

Posted by
576 posts

I had to call the Tiquetonne, since they don't have internet booking. This was scary for me since I don't speak French, but it turned out to be easy...they know enough English to understand the reservation request, dates, etc. I loved the neighborhood and found the Tiquetonne to be charming and a GREAT deal at 50 EUR for a double with bath.

Posted by
40 posts

We did London-Paris-Rome last year and by far the best hotel we stayed in was the Hotel Royal Saint Michel in Paris. Its in St Michel square, a block off the Seine River (with all the artists and stands), and just across the bridge from Notre Dame. A cab stand is on the corner of the block on one end and if you go the other way you are walking in the Latin quarter with all the sidewalk cafes - great in the day and for strolling at night. We're used to staying in 4-5 star hotels in the US. It doesn't have all the luxuries but makes up for it in location and charm. It does have an elevator (one person). A lot of fun. Rooms smallish but very clean.

Hotel Royal Saint Michel
3 Boulevard Saint-Michel, 75005 PARIS
Tel: 33-(0)1-44-07-06-06
Fax: 33-(0)1-44-07-36-25

Posted by
4132 posts

You can always find something, even in high season, by going to the TI and paying a (small) room-finding fee. Since you have 12 days you should be able to reserve the kind of room you want directly before you leave. You might not find space at your first pick, but there are lots of choices.

Posted by
277 posts

There are a lot of varables to your question. Go to Trispadvisors.com. Search the Paris hotel listing. It will give you a review of each hotel as well as the location, and price.

Posted by
2030 posts

Yes! Get Rick's latest Paris book and try for one of his recommended hotels. You should not go to Paris without it anyway, particularly if this is your first time. Also, search the internet - there are thousands of sites offering hotel deals. You will be able to find something good. I recently used Venere.com.

Posted by
138 posts

Shellee,

Check out Kensington Hotel, it is close to Rue de Cler and the Tower. They do have a website, Google it and it'll pop up. I sent them an email and they replied very quickly with a very low price. In English.