Please sign in to post.

Shipping

Back from a months travel in France. Shipped 2 bottles of perfume home from Lyon France that I purchased in Paris and package arrived minus the perfume. Was told by PO it was OK to ship them. It was under the $500 limit and customs assured me if they had taken out they would have left a paper telling me this I have contacted customs, which is very hard to get any answers from. Contacted my PO and have now written a registered letter to Lyon PO Has anyone had this kind of experience? Any ideas of any thing else I can do?
Dorothea

Posted by
4535 posts

If you are asking if other people have had things stolen from packages, especially those sent by regular post office, then the answer is yes. It isn't common, but it isn't rare either. For future reference, it is usually safer, though more expensive, to ship things via UPS, DHL or Fed Ex. And always buy the insurance. Many merchants will also ship things for you - cheaper, you can save the VAT and if you pay by credit card you can always have them cancel a charge from a merchant that doesn't hold up their end of the deal.

Posted by
23177 posts

Told by whoes PO that it was OK - French ?? US ?? I would guess the US post removed the items. That is where you focus should be.