Please sign in to post.

Mont St-Michel

We're spending 2 weeks in France; 1 week in Paris and 1 in Provence by car. However, we would very much like to see Mont St-Michel and that would really cut into the week we have in Provence seeing as it is not in the same direction. We've heard that there are guided day trips by bus from Paris. Has anyone heard if they are worth it?

Thanks,

Maureen

Posted by
46 posts

I have not gone by bus, but we drove to Mont St.-Michel, and actually stayed there. The rooms were spare, but clean, and it was a fabulous experience. We were able to see Normandy, and then drive to Amboise (stopping at 2 chateaux) for a night. All "doable" with 2 busy days.

Posted by
219 posts

I saved this website for my French travels: http://www.frenchexperience.com/. They have a day excursion to Mont St Michel. If this company offers guided tours, there has to be a few others out there too.

Posted by
3313 posts

When I first read your post I was about to scoff at the idea of a day trip to Mont St Michele, but the Autoroutes have improved in Normandy and a well-run bus tour should be doable. The Mont itself is a two hour sight.

It would be great to do an overnight, just because the surrounding area is so unique, but a bus tour out and back? Yes.

Posted by
11507 posts

It would be nicest to rent a car and do an overnight( or two ) day trip to MSM and Normandy coast... but, if you can't , yes there are daytrips by bus.

Two main companies( google for websites) are Cityrama and Parisvisions. I used Cityrama for Loire Valley tour once, both companies are well established, reputable blah, blah,blah, LOL The daytrip to MSM is LONG , but since you can sleep on the bus why not if you can't squeeze a two day trip out of it.
The trips are expensive.