Please sign in to post.

Thalys train

I have checked the Thalys website and put in a fictitious date for pricing. This is for the train from Paris to Rotterdam. What I would like to know is if you print this ticket out is that all we need to board the train or do we have to exchange this for a proper ticket at Paris Nord train station?

Posted by
9099 posts

What you print out is the actual ticket you use to board the train, you don't need to exchange anything.

Posted by
7 posts

In May of this year we printed our train ticket at home--that's it--no problems! Have fun!

Posted by
32702 posts

No. It is all reservations on that train and your ticket is only valid on the one on the ticket. It will also show your carriage and seat numbers, where you need to sit.

Posted by
649 posts

Thanks Nigel- just one more question. We actually want to go to Hoek Van Strand to catch the ferry to Harwich. When booking the Train can I buy the ticket to Hoek or will I have to purchase a ticket on the Thalys and another to Hoek? I notice that Thalys goes to Rotterdam and I would assume that I would have to purchase a separate ticket there for the train to Hoek.
Your comments would be appreciated.

Posted by
2829 posts

You can buy the ticket to Hoek van Holland all the way through. There will be not specific time attached to the Rotterdam CEntraal - Hoek van Holland sector: you can take the next train when you arrive from Thalys or a later train.