Please sign in to post.

hotel in Rothenburg

best hotel in Rothenburg?

Posted by
987 posts

Different people would have a different answer depending on what they look for in a hotel. In Rothenburg ob der Tauber I enjoyed Hotel Cafe Uhl because it was inside the wall, close to everything, had a beautiful view out over the wall, and had a good breakfast. It was clean and the owners were nice to work with. It was also what I considered a good price, but that also differs from person to person.

Posted by
4828 posts

We stayed at Hotel Gerberhaus several years ago and were pleased. Inside the wall, good breakfast, nice room, restaurant across the street, and good price. TC

Posted by
2023 posts

We loved Hotel Klosterstuebble in Rothenburg-definitely located within the walls. Parking is available and free. The room was nicely furnished and had wood floors and Persian rugs. Beautiful bathroom with Villeroy & Boch fixtures. They do a great breakfast also. The room rate was very reasonable. Would stay there again.

Posted by
44 posts

My wife and I love the Burg-Hotel. It's located right on the wall and you can look down into the valley from some of the guest rooms as well as the breakfast room . http://www.burghotel.eu/

Posted by
32202 posts

Nancy, "Best" is somewhat subjective, based on opinion and personal experience. Hotel Goldene Rose mentioned in an earlier reply is one to consider, but it's changed from 10 years ago. It was completely renovated in 2009 and I believe under new owners now (that's where I stayed on my last visit and it was very comfortable). It's now called Boutiquehotel Goldene Rose. For a more "upscale" property for those with a larger budget, you might consider Hotel Eisenhut, which has all the amenities including a Concierge. I'm sure guests staying there consider it to be "best". Happy travels!

Posted by
485 posts

We've stayed at several. They were all good. Hotel Kloesterstueble Eisenhut Hotel
Hotel Kuchenmeister

Posted by
2712 posts

I stayed at the Burg-Hotel at the end of November last year and thought it was perfect lots of character, friendly owner, good breakfasts. It's at the opposite end of the town from the train station, so it's a longer walk, but we love to walk. It's very quiet at night.

Posted by
15 posts

We enjoyed the Burg Hotel - quiet location, friendly staff and owner, lovely breakfast and breakfast room overlooking the valley and comfortable rooms. No elevator but really not a problem. We enjoyed staying there because it is near the gardens and our favorite tavern.

Posted by
10 posts

We stayed at Hotel Spitzweg last December as Rick recommended. The hotel is charming and every bit of 500 years old. The room and bathroom was spacious. I opened the little window above my bed and felt like snow white looking for her 7 dwarves. They offered a free breakfast that was excellent. It is wonderfully located within the wall. Having said that, my two daughters and I felt unwelcome the whole time. I asked about wi-fi and the owner, Mike, practically had me removed from the premises he was so insulted. In addition, I was charged 200.00 euro for a quilt cover that my daughter got cookie crumbs on.
Stay there but be very nice to Mike or you will feel like an intruder! I wouldn't stay there again.

Posted by
10221 posts

We enjoyed the Hotel Cafe Uhl, mentioned in the first response to your question.