Please sign in to post.

3 weeks in Europe

My husband and I are in Europe for three weeks and I was wondering if my suggested iterary would be doable.
I would be spending 2 nights in all these towns:Bruges/Amsterdam/Baccarah/Rothenburg/Venice/Cinque Terre/Nice/Arles and 3 nights Paris. All would be done by rail. I realise Venice will be rushed, but I really want to see it as I never got to it the last time I was there.

Posted by
4132 posts

Rothenburg to Venice is quite a long trip, though there is a night train (from Frankfurt to Milan) on that route.

I think your itinerary is feasible, if ambitious, if you are nimble and tolerant of some disappointments en route.

Hope it works for you!

Posted by
71 posts

I think this itenary is doable, but you might later regret being this ambitious. While many on this forum will disagree, I think Rothenburg is worth no more than one night. Also, I found 1 day in Bruges to be adequate. Given travel times, I suspect most of your stops will be rushed and that will especially be true for Venice, though a night train would mitigate.

Posted by
590 posts

Thanks for all your help. I have decided to make it one night in Rothenburg to increase my time in Venice!