Please sign in to post.

Buses in Spain

My boyfriend and I are traveling to Madrid and then Andalucía from June 26th to July 10th. We have decided to take to bus from Madrid to Granada on ALSA. The bus is scheduled to run about 5 hours and 30 minutes. Does anyone know what the busses are like? Comfy, bathroom stops? Bathroom on board? Air-conditioned? Thanks in advance

Posted by
23177 posts

Our experience with buses in Spain is excellent. Since the rail system is not as well developed as in the rest of Europe, a good bus has been developed. Not as comfortable as a train but pretty good, have A/C and a bathroom.

Posted by
964 posts

We've used the buses too, and they were good. Comfy seats and clean. You may find you are assigned a seat number- it'll be on your ticket.

Posted by
1178 posts

The bus ride in Spain is an excellent choice. Some may have rest rooms, some may not. Very comfortable - more so than the plane you will travel to Spain on most likely! Air conditioned, no smoking.

Posted by
15560 posts

I almost chose the bus over the train from Granada to Madrid. I honestly don't remember why I ended up on the train. There wasn't much difference between them - possibly it was because the train station was closer to my hotel in Madrid than the bus station. I looked at the bus website - great visuals of the bus and you get to choose your seats, just like on the train. The bus looked super-modern and comfortable, in fact better in some ways than the train. Check out their website at https://www.alsa.es/en/services/supra/?searchType=clase&tipoBus=supra At the bottom of the page is a "virtual tour." Take it!

Posted by
23177 posts

Our experience with the Spanish buses is that the seat reservation is generally ignored. We always had assigned seat numbers but other people sitting in our seats so we just moved to other seats and no one said anything.

Posted by
1167 posts

My experience with ALSA and the other companies was uniformly positive and a good value.