Please sign in to post.

Transportation from CDG

What is the best and possibly least expensive way to transport me and 3 granddaughters from CDG to our hotel?

Posted by
9110 posts

How old are the granddaughters? How much luggage?

Posted by
8700 posts

One more question. What is the name and address of your hotel?

Posted by
1078 posts

If your granddaughters are teenagers then I would take the RER train and connect with the necessary metro's to get close to your hotel. If the kids are young and you have too much luggage to carry for 2-3 blocks then a cab or shuttle would be the easiest and safest way to reach your hotel. Since there are 4 of you a cab would be very close to the cost of the RER (9 euros/person).

Posted by
9 posts

Hello,
My granddaughters are 16, 12, and 11. We will each have a carry-on and a tote or backpack. I think I will just take a taxi since it will be about the same as a RER and be less hassle for us. Thank you for your feedback.

Posted by
37 posts

Taxi worked great for us. Follow the signs to the taxi stand and wait in the line. We were a group of 5 so the cost evened out and there was no wondering when the shuttle would come, or how near our hotel we'd be dropped. We were fortunate in that when we got to the front of the line the next taxi was a mini van. If your French is rusty have the name and address of your hotel written down to hand to the driver. It could not have been easier.