Please sign in to post.

Study Abroad

I am studying abroad in Denmark and was interested in traveling for roughly two weeks after. My friends and I wanted to hit Prague, Munich and Amsterdam. What is the best way to go about doing that? Should I purchase a eurorail? And how many days do you suggest for each city? And are hostels a good choice? This is my first time traveling abroad alone so I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you!

hilary

Posted by
47 posts

Hilary, are you by any chance doing the DIS study abroad program? I did that, waaaay back in 1990. I too did some traveling after (and during).

If you're only hitting those three cities, I don't think a rail pass is going to do you much good; it's probably better to check on individual trip fares, both by rail and by air. If by rail, then look into night trains.

I spent 3 or 4 days in Amsterdam while I was on my study abroad program, during the spring break week. That was about right for me, but then I was by myself at that point and not interested in the café culture/nightlife particularly. I saw everything I really wanted to see, walked around a lot, and took an afternoon trip out into the countryside through one of the tourist bus companies.