Please sign in to post.

wilclow/Dublin visit

Does anyone have any experience going to Wilclow and then visiting Dublin? If so how did you get there and did you enjoy it?

Posted by
9363 posts

You can take half-day or full-day tours to the Wicklow Mountains and Glendalough from Dublin. There are several companies that offer them. The area is beautiful and well worth a visit.

Posted by
77 posts

Thank You. My concern is that I would like to get a private tour with a company someone has had a positive experience with. Have you been there? Is it too much to see in one day?

Posted by
9363 posts

Yes, I have been there several times, but I drive (use public transport in the city). Are you talking about seeing Dublin and Glendalough/Wicklow in one day? If so, yes, that is too much in one day. Even a half-day tour would leave you only a few hours to see Dublin. That would limit you to maybe a HOHO bus tour and a bit of time to walk around. I have heard good comments about several of the tour companies, but nothing about private tours.

Posted by
77 posts

Yes it is a one day stop. I was thinking of taking a private tour in the morning to Wicklow and then visiting Dublin on our own the rest of the day. How does that sound? It is a Sunday.

Posted by
9363 posts

As I said previously, a half-day in Wicklow will leave you a half-day in Dublin. There won't be time to do much but a quick look at the city (though you don't say how late you will be there - are you spending the night?).