Please sign in to post.

Wifi in London

Should I just rent a pocket wifi (expensive)....or depend on free hotspots? I'm kind of old to be chasing around like I'm devining for water.

Posted by
9099 posts

I would go with the hotpots. It's rare for a hotel not to provide wifi these days. Also places like McDonald's and Starbucks give you free access with a purchase.

Posted by
32683 posts

You have to purchase at McD's? I thought it was just there for the toilets and a table to put the netbook on and use the wifi? ===== Seriously, your question's a little vague, without knowing how much internet you eat, how big a pipe you need, and how you like to travel. London's full of wifi, some big, some small, etc..

Posted by
52 posts

The apartment doesn't include Wifi. The charge there is 10 GBP per day. I can rent a pocket doodle for $75. for the entire 18 days. Most of what I need would be done in the evenings. During the day, I need to access the days' info on the phone and check Google Maps when we get lost. Oh, never mind, I just talked myself into renting the pocket doodle.

Posted by
32683 posts

Google Maps can suck down lots of bits and bytes. Does your device come with lots of Gigabytes?