Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in London?

I've been to London about 7 times over the last 10 years and have either stayed by Victoria Station or Bayswater?Queensway area. Looking for somewhere else to base myself for 4 days this November. Also thinking about a little splurge for myself. Anyone have any hidden gems they'd like to recommend? I was thinking Soho this time round. But open to suggestions. Cheers from Vancouver, BC.

Posted by
3551 posts

There are many hidden gems but for a price. Kindly indicate your budget range.
And you may get more response.

Posted by
2773 posts

The South Kensington area and Sloane Square/Chelsea area are both great places to stay.

Posted by
3428 posts

For a splurge, check out the Mountbaten Hotel in Covent Garden. Lovely hotel, clean and well located.

Posted by
211 posts

I recommended the Pelham hotel in South Kensington (based on reviews, haven't been there muself)to a coworkers who were headed to London for business. They all enjoyed it so much, we have decided to make it our corporate hotel for when anyone stays in London. It's a small boutique hotel http://www.pelhamhotel.co.uk/

Posted by
8293 posts

Many years ago on my first visit to London ago we stayed at the Rembrandt Hotel. I was thrilled to see a Bishop in his clergical regalia, including gaiters, having sherry in the lounge. I looked for her, but Agatha Christie was no where to be seen.