Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in London.

Can anyone recommend where to stay? e have only two nights in London and have never been before.

Posted by
780 posts

Hyde Park Court Hotel always has good reviews. Its in Paddington.

Posted by
2775 posts

The London Elizabeth Hotel is great, across the street from Hyde Park, 2 minute walk to the Lancaster Gate tube station. ~~http://www.londonelizabethhotel.co.uk/ ~~

The London Elizabeth Hotel
Lancaster Terrace,
Hyde Park,
London.
W2 3PF

Telephone: 0207 402 6641
Fax: 0207 224 8900

Posted by
3428 posts

We like to stay at the Victoria Thistle (now may be called the Grosovener). It is right in Victoria Station. Very nice.

Posted by
359 posts

You won't see it in 'Rick' books but the Luna & Simone near Victoria Station is my choice of 'home' when in London. Book early, they fill up fast.

Posted by
668 posts

We stay at the Limetree near Victoria station and round the corner from the Coach station. Handy for the Tube and near Buckingham Palace.

Posted by
194 posts

Actually, the Luna Simone Hotel is in the 2009 England book. Is this the first time it's appeared in Rick's book?

Posted by
36 posts

We just made a reservation at the Cherry Court Hotel and it's our first time in London - The Patels who run the hotel have been more than helpful. Prices are very reasonable. It's in Rick Steves 2009 book.

Posted by
518 posts

We give another vote for the Limetree. Chartlotte and Matt -- the owners -- are there every day. The hotel is in Belgravia close to Victoria station. We have stayed there 3 times.

Posted by
2030 posts

The Premier Inn at County Hall - you will be in the best location imaginable.

Posted by
24 posts

I am having the same concerns - where to stay in London, so I popped onto your thread? I have read wonderful reviews on the places mentioned thus far. The one thing that has me questioning these properties for myself is their location to Victoria's Station. I have read that this is not the best place to depart for an early flight out of Heathrow.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I have been looking at places on the Picadilly Line for ease of airport access. Depending on your budget and your needs, I can recommend the following based on REASEARCH only, not experience. All are in the Earls Court/South Kensington area: KK George Hotel, Base2Stay, Sumner House and Parkcity. These are the ones that I am currently trying to decide between.

Posted by
3428 posts

Unless you have a really early flight out of Heathrow, Victoria is a good area. Just catch the tube up to Paddington (circle line). There is also a Hilton right in Paddinton Station. Very nice and very convienent.