Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in London

We are planning a trip to England this Christmas to visit some friends in the North. We are traveling to London on Wednesday before New Years - staying thru to Sat. when we then fly home. We need to find an affordable place for those 3 nights. Oh, and here is the best part: There will be 7 of us - 2 adults and 5 teenagers. Help!

Posted by
693 posts

There is at least one college in London that opens its dorms to travelers during the winter vacation. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name but perhaps a google search might turn it up. Or do a yahoo search on http://uk.yahoo.com

Posted by
809 posts

You might check out VRBO - Vacation rental by owner - since you are staying 3 nights. I just took at quick look at London rentals and there were a number that listed a price per night and that can handle your group of 7. Good luck and have a great time!

Posted by
108 posts

Sounds wonderful to be travelling with 5 teenagers!! Check New York Habitat's website, they have apartments in London, including large ones for parties like yours ( www.nyhabitat.com) - you can enter the number of people in your search criteria. I guess now is probably the best time to start your search in any case. Enjoy your stay there, London around Christmas and New Year is a wonderful place to be in!