Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Dublin?

I'm looking for recommendations of where to stay in Dublin, Sept 6-9, Db room for less than 100 Euro's night. Also, because it's September, and the weekend, and playoff time for hurling, should I be looking at booking now? I understand this is one of there busy times thanks

Posted by
1 posts

Warren, That is a tough one! Did you know that the All Ireland Hurling Finals are taking place around that time? Prices are very high due to the Finals. Try Don Laoghaire; it's on the coast and beautiful! You can take the DART or a bus right into Dublin and the cost is much more reasonable. Two nice B&Bs are
Windsor Lodge and the Ferry House. Good luck! Jayne

Posted by
433 posts

Yeah, I know about the hurling. Just started looking at Rick's recommendations and am intrigued by Kinlay house. Never stayed at a hostel before, may give this one a shot. Has anybody stayed here?

Posted by
9363 posts

You could try the Glen Guesthouse on Gardiner St. Their website is www.glenguesthousedublin.com. It's only a couple of blocks from O'Connell St. I stayed there a few years ago and found it very comfortable.

Posted by
32202 posts

Warren, I suspect it will be "challenging" to find a Hotel for less than €100 per night in Dublin, so a Hostel might be a good alternative. I'm 60+ and stay in Hostels on occasion, and don't mind them at all. Of course, staying in a Dorm room does require some "flexibility". There's a good Hostel just around the corner from the Harding Hotel (which is also a great place to stay). I can't remember the name of the Hostel, but could probably find it fairly quickly. You could also check the HI Hostels website, as they have at least one property in Dublin. Having an HI membership will provide preferred booking and slightly cheaper rates. Happy travels!

Posted by
433 posts

I just ended up booking the Roxford Lodge Hotel for 245 Euro via Expedia. They had a listing for an "Economy" Double Room so I just went for it.