Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Dublin?

Was wondering the best area to stay in Dublin might be this summer? We are going to be there four nights on our honeymoon and wanted to be close to "the action". We would like to get some sleep when we want to call it a night but are looking forward to the pubs and local people. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted by
9363 posts

If you scroll down through this section you'll find numerous recent posts about places to stay in Dublin.

Posted by
8700 posts

Although I haven't stayed there, I'll heartily recommend the Townhouse of Dublin. Why? It shares a front desk and pleasant dining room with the Globetrotters Hostel. Hostel guests get the same fabulous full Irish breakfast as do the Townhouse guests--and I can personally attest to how wonderful the breakfast is. The location is very close to the Temple Bar area, the main "hot spot."

Posted by
1806 posts

Do you have a specific budget in mind for your lodging? For a honeymoon splurge, you may want to check out the web specials at The Merrion, The Clarence or Dylan Hotel. They have deals such as 3 nights for the price of 2, or discounts for pre-paid internet only room rates.

Posted by
5515 posts

A few years back, I stayed at the Eliza Lodge. It is on the Liffey, right in the center of the Temple Bar area. Thought it was a great location. There was some noise, but it was more from the guests coming back late than from the street. Nice restaurant too for breakfast. Check the reviews on tripadvisor to get more recent feedback.

Posted by
85 posts

We've made reservations this summer at the Harding Hotel. It's priced fair and I understand Rick takes his tour groups there. He says you can ask for a room in the back where it's quiet. It's right in the Temple Bar area so everything's right out the door. Enjoy the pub crawls and check out the fancyapint.com website. They do Dublin.
Congratulations on the hitch!

Posted by
10219 posts

We just stayed at the Best Western Premier Academy, located just off O'Connell. It was an easy walk to the Temple Bar area, but away from all the noise. It is also close to transportation. The hop on hop off bus stop is across the street and the Airlink bus from the airport drops off in front of the hotel.

Posted by
11 posts

We stayed at the Harding Hotel (Rick recommended) a few weeks ago and loved it! Literally looked out our window at Christ Church Cathedral. It was very convenient to all the sights and was right there for Temple Bar pubs. There was also a great pub in the hotel. Lots of fun live music every night. We did not experience any problems with noise and loved the location!