Please sign in to post.

weather in Ireland

We are going to be in Dublin, Killarney and Galway for nine days in April. Our Irish second cousins are saying bring heavy coats, ugg boots, etc. I live in southern CA, my sister in Denver and my brother in NYC. What should we expect given that none of us live in a climate like Irelands?

Posted by
1014 posts

Ireland can have 3 or 4 seasons in one day. Wear layers, with the top layer being waterproof. Take two pair of shoes, so one can be drying while the other pair gets wet.

Posted by
2380 posts

I absolutely agree with John. We were there many years ago in July and it was very wet and windy and cold. We had one day out of ten that was sunny. I hope you are luckier. An extra pair of shoes and maybe rubber overshoes and warm sweaters and raincoats. Have a great time. The Irish people are lovely and the scenery and sights as well.

Posted by
9363 posts

I have been there twice in April, and we had every kind of weather. Take layers, with one of them being a rain jacket with a hood.

Posted by
1010 posts

We spent 16 days in Ireland, last June. We were on a Tauck tour. We were freezing and wet. It rained almost non-stop. When it stopped raining, it was for five minutes or so. Ireland is beyond fantastic. Some peoipke on our tur brought gloves and scarves. I wished I had brought gloves.