Please sign in to post.

transportation

We are booked at the Copthorne Tara Kensington, Scarsdale Place, arriving Heathrow at 1PM, best tranportation to get from airport to there? Does the tube take that route? if so which route, or is a bus better, trying to do this on a budget.

Posted by
9100 posts

Piccadilly Tube line from Heathrow to Earls Court Station. At Earls Court transfer to District Line (direction Edgware Rd) one stop away to High Street Kensington Station. Total travel time is about 1 hour. The Copthorne is directly behind the station.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you so very much!!!!!It is greatly appreciated....Teri

Posted by
1986 posts

Do not transfer at Earls Court that rquires escalators; As I and many others have stated on prior posts- transfer at Hammersmith, all you do is walk across the platform. Piccadilly Line comes in at one side and District line at the other. Locals use this as their change point. o change in levels, no stairs.

Posted by
32817 posts

The District Line has a number of branches. The main line of the Line goes along just north of the river and follows the bottom of the Circle Line. The best place to change from the Piccadilly Line to the main line of the District is, indeed, Hammersmith.

The branch which serves High Street Kensington (as it follows the left side of the Circle Line) as it approaches its Edgware Road terminus comes from Wimbledon. It crosses the Piccadilly Line and the main line District Line at Earls Court.

If Teri changes at Hammersmith she will have to change again (in the great majority of cases) at Earls Court. Or she could overshoot to Gloucester Road and go north on the Circle line, backtracking clockwise.

Posted by
1986 posts

I remember that if you are going to Kensington High Street, you shouldnt change at Hammersmith, wait until Gloucester Road or South Kensington. It seemed to me these trains were more frequent