Please sign in to post.

Train from London to Edinburgh

My husband and I are staying a couple days in London before we head out on 2 week trip across Scotland. We are thinking that we would like to take the train to Edinburgh but prices seem a bit high. Does anyone know what price is average for travel in late September? Or are we better off booking a flight instead? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Posted by
619 posts

It is too early to book tickets for late September. Using the National Rail website (www.nationalrail.co.uk), I found single fares of £29.20 for early September, travelling from Kings Cross to Edinburgh. You need to check about 90 days before you wish to travel. The site will show you the prices for trains at different times, and you choose the one which suits your plans best. The price includes seat reservation. Prices depend on day and time of travel, and between standard and first class.

Posted by
251 posts

Tracy,
We are traveling September 25 from London to Edinburgh with a stop in Newcastle. I was told by a cousin that lives in Newcastle to book two months out. So I am waiting to purchase our ticket.

Posted by
8700 posts

Book your tickets at www.eastcoast.co.uk. As of today, booking is open through 12 September. I found fares as low as €27.75 for 11 September.