Please sign in to post.

Tower of London

If the Tower of London opens at 9am. What is a good time to arrive to be early in the line? We will have a 2 for 1 ticket? Thanks.

Posted by
931 posts

We were there two weeks ago on a Saturday morning at 9:55 AM. We walked up to the ticket window, bought our tickets and walked right in. Yes, there were people there before us, but not many, and we had no trouble walking right up and getting in one of the awesome free guided tours after we first went thru the Crown Jewels. The cafeteria served good and reasonably priced food.

Posted by
373 posts

Thanks Steve. We will be there the end of Sept. so I'm hoping the lines will not be bad. Just don't want to spend too long waiting in a line. We r thinking Sept is past the rushif summer visitors.

Posted by
12172 posts

We arrived about 30 minutes prior to open and only had one couple in front of us. By opening the line had become long, but not ominous. We were able to get in, get the first tour and see the crown jewels before the crowds started collecting. By the time we left (before lunch) the line was enormous. That was in early May.

Posted by
8649 posts

To parody a well known phrase; "The Early Raven Catches The Jewels." Arrive a 1/2 hour early, snap a few pics of the Tower and Tower Bridge in the distance, meet a few people. Door will open, head straight for the jewels, see them and then enjoy the rest of what the Tower offers. Fascinating history. Hope you meet up with Tommy, one of the docents. Sweet man. Very knowledgeable. Have a great visit.

Posted by
373 posts

To parody a well known phrase; "The Early Raven Catches The Jewels." I Love it! Thanks Steve,Brad & Claudia. Will try to be early Raven. :-)

Posted by
1 posts

Curious as to where you got the 2:1 pass. I will in London for 6 days July 13-19 Thanks, Neil
Calgary, Alberta

Posted by
373 posts

Neil, we are travelling by Train into London and will be purchasing the Travelcards through the East Coast Rail. They offer 2 for 1 coupons for various attractions in London and I guess a few other areas. Just note it is not the Travelcard that London offers, but one by the Rail line but it is still good for travel in London. Hope this helps. :) Have a great trip. this is our first!

Posted by
10 posts

We were there just last week. I would say, get there before it opens. We arrived a few minutes after it opened and the crowds were starting to grow. We did pre purchase the tickets at our hotel, so were able to go right in. We went directly to the Crown Jewels (as Rick advised) and were able to view without to large a crowd. Then we doubled back to catch a Beefeater Tour. Although an extremely large group, we thoroughly enjoyed the presentation and did not need to rent an audio guide.

Posted by
373 posts

Thanks Betsy, I think that's what we will do too.
Anyone else used the 2 for 1 tickets to enter the Tower? You have to wait in the regular line...correct?