Please sign in to post.

stockholm

I have 3 extra days in Stockholm...Any suggestions on how to spend my time wisely...Too see as much as I can and still enjoy it...

Posted by
11294 posts

When you say 3 "extra" days in Stockholm, are you coming from somewhere else and only have 3 days in Stockholm total, or are you already there (like for a conference or a wedding) and then have 3 totally free days? What will you have seen or done on this trip besides the 3 "extra Stockholm" days? Do you have any special interests? For standard sightseeing highlights, you can't beat the Rick Steves Snapshot Stockholm book (or his Scandinavia book, if you're seeing other parts of the region). I enjoyed the Vasa, the Millesgarden, some of Drottningholm Palace, and just wandering around the central neighborhoods. Stockholm is just a very nice place to hang out. It can be expensive, so be sure to check out Rick's money-saving tips, like the Stockholm a la Carte program, and the lunch specials that many restaurants have.

Posted by
97 posts

Stockholm is a very fun and very convenient city. The Vasa Museum is must see. Nearby the Skansan outdoor park is also nice. Sounds like you have "extra" time so I would consider a boat to the archipelago. I especially enjoy the Sodermalm neighborhood. It has fun bars, restaurants, and shops. Mariatorget Square is a very nice place to just relax.

Posted by
12313 posts

Vasa was our highlight. We weren't as thrilled with Skansen but I'd certainly include it in three days. Outside of Djurgarden sights and downtown, a sidetrip to Uppsala would be nice, it's a very historic city - now more of a college town. Another option is a ferry to Finnland or Estonia, which would give you a look at the archipeligo.