Please sign in to post.

St. Andrews

My husband and I are going to St. Andrews in July and while he is going to do the golf thing I am looking for something to do. Any ideas? I am thinking maybe good places to shop, spa, sight see, etc.. Open to all ideas. We will be there for 2 full days.

Posted by
2800 posts

Hi Stacy, you could visit St. Andrews Cathedral and the Castle. There is the beautiful St. Salvator's Chapel i St Salvator one of the oldest surviving colleges at the University of St. Andrews.
For shopping I like these streets...MarketSouthBell~~Church all of these street has nice shops. You could have afternon tea at the Old Course Hotel. There are two spas..I haven't been to either one but there is the Kohler Waters Spa at the Old Course Hotel and Spa at the Fairmont. One afternoon you could have lunch at Tail End Fish Bar on West Sands Beach.

Posted by
1266 posts

Stacy - This is going to sound wierd, but you can visit the cemetery at St Andrew. When I travel I make it a point to try and stop at a cemetery. You can find out alot about a towns history.

Posted by
2876 posts

St. Andrews is very compact and walkable and with 2 full days you'll be able to cover it like a rug. Hopefully the weather will cooperate while you're there.