Please sign in to post.

Scotland Itinerary Help Needed

My husband and I are flying into Edinburgh and renting a car. Our itinerary is:

Day 1 - Arrive 5pm at EDI, drive to Stirling hotel
Day 2 - Tour Stirling castle; drive to Inverness - what else can we realistically fit in? I read some comments on short walks near Dunkeld and the Hermitage. We like short hikes and waterfalls. I just need to look into this more. I saw a comment on Queen's view and want to stop there. Would we have time for some of these - Cawdor Castle, Clava Cairns, and/or Culloden Battlefield?

Day 3 - Visit Loch Ness (is a boat tour worthwhile?), Urquhart castle, tour Eilean Donan Castle, drive to Kyleakin B&B on Isle of Skye. Would we have time for any of these on this day - Cawdor Castle, Clava Cairns, and/or Culloden?

Day 4 - Rick Steve's recommended driving loop around Isle of Skye - anything we shouldn't miss like a recommended hike (Fairy Pools?, hike to Quiraing?) or boat trip in Elgol to see seals?

Day 5 - Drive from Kyeakin to Oban. What do you recommend for short hikes/things to do en route via Fort Augustus and Glencoe?

Day 6 - Oban (full Day Staffa boat trip)

Day 7 - 9 - Drive to Edinburgh - 2 nights there then fly home

Is there anything else we should try not to miss between Stirling and Inverness, Isle of Skye, and Oban?

There are no replies to this topic.