Please sign in to post.

scotland

we will be 1 or maybe 2 nites in the Edinburg/Glasgow area. Does anyone have any recommendations on b&bs &/or motels?
Thanks, Bart

Posted by
5678 posts

Bart, I would recommend staying in either Edinburgh or Glasgow, and taking the train to visit the other. Personally, for a first visit I would stay in Edinburgh, unless you have personal family or friend ties to Glasgow. I was going to say that you won't find any motels in Scotland, except that I stayed in a hotel south of the Trossach once that remind me a heck of a lot of a motel. ; ) What you will find in addition to B&B's are small family hotels. I've stayed in a number of places in Edinburgh. You need to think about where in the city you want to stay. You can find a place right on The Royal Mile where you are literally steps to the Castle and other sights. Or you can stay in New Town, the Georgian part of the city and be close to a live dining entertaining area. Or you can stay a bit further out toward the Royal Botanic Gardens or the Dalkieth area to the south and be a bit out of the hustle and bustle and still be ten minutes by bus from all the sights. Most recently I stayed at The Walton in NewTown. I liked it. My other favorite place is the Inverlieth near the Royal Botanic Gardens. The Walton is a B&B and The Inverlieth a family hotel. Pam

Posted by
3428 posts

We have enjoyed staying at the Royal British Hotel. It is across from Waverly train station on Princes St. Short walk up to the Royal Mile.