Please sign in to post.

SCANDINAVIA

CANDYCE POULSBO, WA Was USA 01/28/2012 Please tell me more about your trip to Scandinavia, since we are planning a similar trip for May 2013. You can write to my personal e-mail tuchyi@yahoo.com and/or figuerolaq@yahoo.com Thank you,
Dora Figuerola

Posted by
4535 posts

Dora - this is just a public help forum. I think you either misunderstand the forum or mistakenly thought you were emailing Candyce. Also, you may want to just delete your post, or edit to remove your email addresses.

Posted by
12172 posts

I agree with the above post. It's probably best to take your personal email off the post. People can send you a personal response without it. When: We took a Baltic Cruise summer 2010. We chose end of July/beggining of August because the season for reliable weather is short. Another good choice is around June 21st/22nd. The solstace has the longest days and many solstace themed activities and festivals - but may not be as warm. Where: If you cruise from London or Amsterdam, you add a couple days to the cruise without seeing anything exciting. I think Copenhagen or Stockholm are the better choices. We picked Copenhagen because we could get a direct flight there. We stayed three days before and three days after - and still felt we could have spent more time there. Ports: We skipped Warnemunde, both because we'd been to Germany multiple times and because it's really not close to Berlin - you lose a lot of your day to travel. Our cruise went from Copenhagen to Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Gdansk, Oslo and back to Copenhagen. I highly recommend a private tour company for St. Petersburg. It's cheaper than using the cruise ship's excursions and saves having to get a visa. We used Alla tours but Red October and at least one other company get good reviews. We planned all our other ports by ourselves.