Please sign in to post.

Problems updating maps for Garmin 275T

I'm desperately hoping one of the RS bloggers can help me out...I have spent the past two evenings trying to update the European map on my Garmin 275T. At various times I have gotten a generic "Cannot load maps;" I got "Insufficient memory," so I bought and installed a micro SD card (8 GB) and that didn't help. I read every blog I could find and it may be that my laptop is configured incorrectly. Before anyone suggests I contact Garmin customer support, I cannot get through (wait times in excess of 30 min. and now they're closed for the holiday weekend). If anyone can help me figure this out, I'll be beyond happy. Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Posted by
3696 posts

I purchased mine at Best Buy and when I had problems I just went there and they helped. They will most definitely be open the holiday weekend. Wish I was more of a techie and could remember how I loaded in mine as I had a problem too.... but Best Buy helped.
Good luck...

Posted by
409 posts

Thanks, Terry...unfortunately I bought the unit in 2009 online. No problems to date - love my Garmin - but I need the maps updated for an upcoming UK trip.

Posted by
9369 posts

Your problem might be that you haven't unlocked your maps (which you do on the website, too). You have to unlock them to be able to use them. Check out the website for instructions (www.garmin.com).