Please sign in to post.

One week in England

We have a week in England before heading over to Brugge etc... My thought is to fly into Heathrow and take the train to Bath, and then spend 3 days in that area before heading back to London. We want to see the Cotswalds and am wondering if it would make the most sense to plant ourselves in Bath and just drive rather than pick up and spend the night. Does three days out and 4 days in London sound about right? Thx in advance..Steve

Posted by
1986 posts

If you are considering renting a car, I would stay in the Cotswolds, it is a lovely area to just wander around in by car . If you want to see Bath, you could do a day trip from the Cotswolds. But I would definitely base myself in the Cotswolds (and probably never get close to Bath). Cotswolds includes Blenheim Palace which is one of the more interesting country houses to tour. 3 days in Cotswolds then 4 days in London (after ditching your car) is a good way to divide it.

Posted by
970 posts

How about spending a day in Bath after you arrive, on foot, and then two or three days in the Cotswolds with a car? A car in the Cotswolds is a definite plus. Driving in the British countryside is often surprisingly slow going. Bath is a great town, but a poor base for a Cotswold adventure, no matter how close it looks on the map.

Posted by
33525 posts

Some pretty good advice there, steve.