Please sign in to post.

NOrway in a Nutshell question

I am planning a trip to Norway in June. We are taking the Norway in a Nutshell trip from Oslo to Bergen getting off a couple nights at the Stalheim Hotel. How does it work with all the transfers on this trip and moving your luggage? Also, has anyone had the experience of getting off the trip and getting back on? We are wondering if we can catch an earlier bus to Voss from Stalheim than the 6pm bus.

Posted by
1717 posts

Hello Betsy, Each segment of the "Norway in a Nutshell" Fjord trip is separate. Passengers are responsible for their luggage in the trains and boats. On the boat there is a place to put luggage at the front of the boat. The bus has a large compartment for luggage, accessed from the outside of the bus. I recommend : before you board the bus at Gudvangen, inform the bus driver that you and your luggage will go off of the bus at Stalheim Hotel. For you to have assurance that there will be seats in the bus for you when you ride in the bus from Stalheim Hotel to Voss, I suggest : ask a person working at the Stalheim hotel for information about that (before you go to Norway). Ask for the schedule of the bus going from Stalheim Hotel to Voss, by talking to Fjord Tours Customer Service in Norway, via Telephone : 81 56 82 22 (that was their Telephone number in the year 2007) or look at the internet website : www.fjordtours.no
I had the experience of getting off the trip and getting back on. Traveling from Bergen to Oslo, I got off of the boat at Aurland, and I continued the trip at Aurland the following day.

Posted by
3 posts

Your information is very helpful. Thank you very much. We are looking forward to our trip.