Please sign in to post.

Norway in a Nutshell

I was wondering what is the cheapest way to get from Oslo to the fjords, cruise the fjords and get back to Oslo in one day. Sorry if this question is dumb. I was looking at Rick Steves Scandanavia book and it costs 637 KR to get from Oslo to Myrdal, 240 from Myrdal to Flam, 245 tO cruise the fjord and then to get back to oslo from Gundaven is beyond me. There are 3 of us and I know 6 KR=1$ and I added that up, it is going to cost around 900 US dollars. Is there a cheaper way, thanks!

Posted by
258 posts

I would suggest the Norway in a Nutshell tour, as detailed in Rick's Scandinavia book. It's not cheap, but it's really easy and organized and enables you see amazing sites and scenery that may be tough to navigate on your own. Remember- that's why you're there-- to see the sites, experience all that each country has to offer!-- and the Norway in a Nutshell is amongst the best Scandinavia has to offer. Nice thing is that it's all laid out in Rick's book, so super easy to follow. At the end, you can either return to Oslo OR, as I didm spend night in Bergen and then return to Oslo. The highlight of the trip- boat ride through the Fjords-- spectacular experience you won't soon forget. Enjoy!