Please sign in to post.

Norway Fjords

Taking a trip to Norway next summer. As part of my trip I would like to visit a least one fjord. Are there any short cruises? I am hoping this will not be my last time in Norway, so I would like a sample.

Posted by
284 posts

Google "Norway in a Nutshell". That is a basic and quite beautiful fjord itinerary, and a good place to start.

Posted by
12313 posts

I did a quick search at vacationstogo.com (an online travel agent I've purchased several cruises through, the best search engine IMO). It looks like the closest thing to what you are looking for are 7 day cruises out of Kiel or Copenhagen. They stop in both Bergen and Oslo and go further north to the fjords - but the site doesn't list a shorter cruise that originates in either Oslo or Bergen.

Posted by
1022 posts

Hurtigruten runs cruises up and down the western coast. It isn't required to go the whole length of the voyage. I took it overnight from Bergen to Alesund, then later flew Alesund-Oslo. The spectacular Geiranger Fjord is reached from Alesund. I visited the fjord separately, but Hurtigruten voyages go there as well.