Please sign in to post.

Norway

I am going to Norway in June and have noticed on my SAS plane reservation that there is not only a size restriction for carry on luggage, but also a weight restriction of around 17lbs. Does anyone know if they really check the carry on luggage weight? I plan on traveling light but do not want to worry about the weight unless I have to. I will be traveling from Bergen through southern Norway, then to Oslo and continuing to Stavanger. Any advice on clothing for the weather in mid June? Thanks for your help!
Bob

Posted by
12172 posts

We flew SAS in 2010 from Dulles to Copenhagen. We packed carefully and stayed within their weight and size requirements. We had one carry-on only, no extra personal items/bags. We didn't stop at the check-in counter, checked in online and went to the gate - so can't report on that. At the gate, I noticed SAS staff went around the waiting area and checked people's bags. They looked at ours but didn't even stop. I saw them take quite a few bags from people that I would describe as obviously over the limit - either bags that were packed so full they didn't fit the size restrictions or people carrying an extra personal item the size of a carry-on. I would say you're better off staying within (or at least as close as possible) to the limit. If you can't, have a backup plan to either ditch some things or an idea which things you really need to keep with you.

Posted by
2 posts

Brad, thanks very much for the detailed response. I will pack carefully.