Please sign in to post.

London transport ticket prices are going up in 2013

I was just looking at tfl.gov.uk/tickets and saw that many (all ?) fares will go up in 2013, some surprisingly so.

Posted by
2775 posts

I noticed that they are going up, but not by much: Day anytime pass now ?£8.40 2013 price £8.80 ~~~ Day peak pass now £7.00 2013 price £7.30 ~~~ 7 day pass now £29.20 2013 price £30.40 As you can see the day passes will be up by 30/40pence and the 7 day up by £1.20 I don't think the incease is bad at all.

Posted by
2775 posts

@Keith, I completely agree with you. I feel that it's a great value!!

Posted by
30 posts

Thanks for your viewpoints. Maybe I was focusing on a few fares and not getting the big picture. At any rate, I'm not going to let the increases keep me at home ! :o)

Posted by
2738 posts

Sorry but I don't know all the part of the system. Does this include Tube fares via Oyster Cards? Reason for asking, we have just been delivered a pair of Oyster Cards with 5 pounds preloaded (the friend made an error, was supposed to be 10) As fares currently stand, it's 4.8 to get from Heathrow into Zone 1, after 9:30 AM.
I'd like to know if this will be so when my son uses one in late May, or when we arrive in July.

Posted by
5513 posts

Larry, All of the fares for the new year are listed on the Transport For London site. The link here shows the 2013 prices for tube, including fares paid using Oyster card. With an Oyster card, the fare from Heathrow (zone 6) to central London (zone 1) is 3 GBP offpeak or 5 GBP peak.