Please sign in to post.

London to Dublin

I will be traveling from London to Dublin in mid July. I am trying to book train and ferry tickets. How soon can I book them? Is April too early to book for July?

Posted by
8700 posts

For detailed information, including how to book tickets, see this page on The Man in Seat 61 site. I was able to do a dummy booking for June but not for July.

Posted by
4 posts

I have tried that also. But, nowhere can I find a message saying I am too early in trying to book. Maybe I am just too eager!!!

Posted by
29 posts

Renee I've booked in advance thru these websites and it's worked fine for me. You just need the cc you booked/paid with to be able to collect your ticket at the stations where you start your journey. If the system lets you book that far in advance, I'd go for it. The farther in advance you book, the more you save. If you qualify for any of the railpasses, that, too, saves $$$. In England, I needed to see a ticket agent to buy the railpass at my first point of departure as well but that didn't stop me from getting the discount ahead of time. Have fun.