Please sign in to post.

London Pass?

Has anyone used the London Pass? I am in London for 3 days this fall and need to decide if it is worth it to get it. I'd get it with the travel and have it delivered ahead of time (so that I could use it right out of LHR to get downtown. I haven't read about it yet in Rick Steve's London book because I just found out about it this morning. I intend to see a bunch of things while I'm in London (Tower, Imp. War museum, Tate Modern, The museum where the rosetta stone is, westminster abbey, RAF Herdon, etc.) Do you think it's worth it to get the pass? with discount right now and shipping its about 90 pounds with unlimited tube travel included.

Posted by
635 posts

You need to do your homework. Look at the sights you plan on seeing that are covered by the pass. How much does the pass save you minus what the pass costs? Your answer should be obvious. Be sure to figure out how long you will probably need to see the sight. The Tower can easily take up half a day. As Rick says in his book, it can be worthwhile for a busy traveler. Many of the sights you listed are free. The British Museum, Imperial War Museum and both Tates are free. I don't know about RAF Herdon. Rick says that the travel pass as part of the London Pass is seldom a good deal. Again, do your homework to see what makes sense.

Posted by
676 posts

I got it the first time I went to London, and tho we did all we wanted to, it didn't work out price wise, spent about 8-10 pounds that we didn't "use". The Rosetta Stone is at the British Museum, and that can take all day if you want, depending on how you like museums. I like the mummies there, and also the Bog Man. Also the gift shops :) I would suggest on planning 2 big things/day, 1 in AM and 1 in afternoon, if that will help with planning. DOn't forget to just walk around London, it's a great city. If you need books, public libraries sell old ones for a pound or 2, as well as resale shops. Many museums are free, just ask for a donation. Check RS London. Do a London walk or 2, the pub one is fun, and I hear the Jack the Ripper one is good too. Google London Walks. Have fun, it's my favorite city in Europe!!