Please sign in to post.

London Pass

I know no one likes the LP on the forum, but I'd checked the places we're going and we come out ahead with it for the itin we have. When I purchased the London Pass, I told them the dates we'd be there, but those dates have changed. I don't think it matters, because it isn't supposed to start until you have it swiped. But has anyone else used it to know for sure? Their customer service is horrid - I've sent five emails with absolutely no reply.

Posted by
888 posts

According to their website and info, the dates you give are somewhat irrelevant. It's the swipe that starts the clock, so I believe you should be okay. This was also true when we used it as no one looked at the dates written on the actual pass, but just swiped our card. The dates are not "coded" on there prior to use. Side note: We used the pass a couple of years ago and saved money with it. It just depends on what you want to do in what amount of time.
Have fun!

Posted by
189 posts

Thanks! That's what I thought, too, but wanted to make sure I wasn't "wishful" reading...

Posted by
20 posts

We just were in London, bought a 2 day Pass, it saved us money, and we went to a couple places we would not have otherwiseno problems, good value. We bought ours in person at the TI in Picadillyso no customer service issues. We did notice a VERY long line to pick up passes ordered/bought online. It activates with the first swipe so your dates should not matterours listed an expiration date in 2012. London is a mess of construction for the Olympics so take a deep breath and plow through!

Posted by
124 posts

I'd sure agree with your comments about it being a mess with construction. Be adaptable, especially with the tube. Several times we had to adjust our rides due to closures or other issues. Keep a small tube map with you at all times. I didn't see a need for the London pass but maybe it works for you.