Please sign in to post.

London Pass

Is the London Pass worth purchasing. We will be there 7 days and plan to see many of the sites that the pass gives admission for. Also, the add-on travel is about 50 euro and includes all metro, buses, etc for 6 days.

Posted by
342 posts

Russ, Before our first trip to London, my husband and I determined the sights we had to see and added up the entry fees. Then we compared that figure with the cost of the London Pass to see which was the better value. For that first trip the Pass worked out slightly cheaper, and I liked the idea of not having to wait in long lines for tickets. We're traveling back again for the third time this fall, and with what we plan on seeing this time, individual entry fees will be alot cheaper for us, and the lines aren't really that bad. Regarding the travel portion, I think you'll do better with pay-as-you-go Oyster cards, or separate 7-day travelcards (cost is £27.60) from either the Underground or the Rail (train) system. Check out the 2-for-1 deals available with the purchase of rail issued travelcards at www.daysoutguide.co.uk Both types of travelcards cover the same modes of transportation (tube, buses, etc), but only the ones purchased at train stations, not tube stations, qualify for the special discounts. Have a great trip.

Posted by
1986 posts

Are you sure the "add on price" is in Euro? Britain uses the Pound Sterling which is worth more (costs us more in dollars).

Posted by
14 posts

Mary, Thanks for your thoughts on the London Pass. I will follow your advice.

Posted by
14 posts

Brian, I did mean pounds. We're going to Paris as well so I wasn't thinking clearly. Thanks