Please sign in to post.

London New Years 2013

Hi - We are a family of 3 traveling with another family of 3. (All adults/teens) to London to view the New Yrs Day parade 2013. Any suggestions on accomadations in the city or just outside with public transport would be appreciated. There are SO MANY places to stay that I am already confused. Thank.

Posted by
8668 posts

Try vrbo.com, airbnb.com. Researching the Graffiti Wall on this website. Depends on your budget. Vancouver Studio Apartments has been a constant in my London travels for years although I tried airbnb for the first time last May and found a stellar flat that will become my home base on subsequent visits if it's available. Remember to stay in Zones 1 & 2 on the Tube map to cut travel costs. There are also Premiere Inns, Hiltons, etc. I got the Regent Park Marriott for $90 a night, modern, updated room with two dbl beds, flat screen TV. Very nice and easy tube ride to the major sites.
Good luck.

Posted by
3 posts

My Brother and his wife were in Londay last New Years and we are booking a trip right now. We have made reservations in the Victoria Station area as that should give reasonable foot access to the fireworks. My brother stayed near Paddington station last year and ended up walking from the London Eye back to their Hotel because the tube was absolutly packed. I don't know about other areas but the area around Victoria Station seems to be already filling up for the 30th and 31st. We have stayed in this area several times on other trips and it is a delightful area. We already have our hotel booked and I would suggest not waiting too long to decide. Good Luck

Posted by
8 posts

In the same boat. Family of 3 (one 17) (possibly 4 if our 20 yr old son joins us) trying to figure out if we should stay in central london or out in burbs (Croydon) which has really a HI Express for like 70 GBP. There for 4-7 days (around Dec 30 to Jan6)