Please sign in to post.

London lodging

Looking for a nice hotel in London for $200. a night or under.

Posted by
149 posts

What area do you want to stay in? Do you like being in the heart of central London, or do you want to stay in a quieter area further out? Do you like small B&Bs, an apartment, or large chain hotels? Are there one or two of you traveling? There are hundreds and hundreds of hotels in London, and without more info, simply giving you names of a few hotels is probably not going to be very useful. You may want to start by typing "London hotels" in the search box above. There are many many threads on this subject.

Posted by
2779 posts

The London Elizabeth Hotel.....http://www.londonelizabethhotel.com ~~~ great hotel, great location. It's across the street from Kensington Gardens, 2 minute walk to Lancaster Gate tube station and around the corner from a great pub The Swan.

Posted by
340 posts

I suggest you take a look at the London Lodge Hotel. It is near both the Earls Court and High Street Kensington tube stations. My husband and I just stayed there for 6 nights and were very pleased with it for comfort, cleanliness, convenience to transportation, and price. It has A/C, a lift (elevator), and a continental breakfast is included in the price. There are a lot of very good restaurants nearby (especially Bistro Benito and the Princess Victoria Pub); and a local grocery store on the way to the tube so you can pick-up water, snacks, etc. I checked room rates on the hotel website as well as hotels.com, venere, etc., then emailed the hotel and asked if they would match the lowest price I had found if I booked with them direct, which of course they did.

Posted by
2788 posts

Do you have RS London Guide Book yet? If so, good. If not, you should get one as it has lots of good information about places to stay, where, and at what prices that we used when we visited London.l

Posted by
56 posts

We just stayed at Base2Stay Kensington and were thrilled with our room and the area. A 5 minute walk to the Earls Court Tube Station yet tucked away on a quiet street the location for both touring and resting was perfect. Lots of great dining options as well.

Posted by
107 posts

I'll second the base2stay in Kensington, I stayed there for a couple nights in May. My room was tiny, but travelling solo it was perfect, and the furnishings were great, it felt like it was all brand new from IKEA! Location was very convenient to the Earls Court Tube station