Please sign in to post.

London itinerary

I have the following for our first day which will need to be a Monday for the GLobe. If anyone sees a problem I'd appreciate the comment.

Tower of London 3 hour tour,
Tower Bridge 1 hour,
HMS Belfast 2 hours,
Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre 1 hour,
Medieval banquet 4 hours,

I am having trouble getting times for day two so I don't know if I will have down time that I will need to figure in. I'd also like to know about what time the day would end. If anyone knows how much time the following will take I'd appreciate comments here too.

Westminster Abbey 90 minute tour,
Parliament,
Jewel Tower 30 minutes,
Banqueting House,
Horse Guards,
Trafaigar Square,
London Eye

Posted by
286 posts

You have an interesting approach to sightseeing.

Make sure you check the opening and closing times of your destinations. You haven't included times for travel, food, etc and good old exhaustion.

Posted by
571 posts

I had the same thought as the previous response. I can't confirm whether you can see those sites individually in the times you suggest (though they seem possible), but the visiting times alone equal 11 hours. Add travel between sites, eating, etc., and you've got far too much going on. The Tower doesn't even open until 10am on Mondays, I believe.

Posted by
2800 posts

You are going to the Tower of London your first day, then you mention going to Jewel Tower (I believe you mean Jewel House) the second day...it's at the Tower of London so why not see it while you are at the Tower your first day. I have never set time limits to see things on any of my trips, I think you are going to feel rush and keep looking at your watch which will not be relaxing or enjoyable. As the others have said you haven't planned anytime to eat and/or just to sit and relax for a while.

Posted by
571 posts

Deborah,
I'm just curious why your visit to the Globe needs to be on a Monday? (Or am I misreading your post and your first day just needs to be a Monday?)

Posted by
101 posts

Thanks for all the replies. Monday was the only day the websight for it says that it is open until 6:00 the other days of the week it was open until noon.

Working out the times at each location help me to know what I will and will not be able to see on that day. We are not into people watching or sitting back and just taking in the atmosphere of the place. This is a once in a life time trip and we do want to see all that we can see while there. I agree too much is scheduled for Day 1. I realize that the times don't take in travel and wait time ... that was what I was wondering about.

The Jewel Tower that I am referring to is "One of only two complete buildings remaining from the original medieval Palace of Westminster"

Posted by
241 posts

Don't think you can do this physically - either, practically or physiologically. Remember, queues, busy roads, getting lost, etc I've lived in London for years and despite being able to know which carriage of tube/specific door I need for quickest route from A-B this seems ambitious.

Posted by
2800 posts

The atmosphere of a city, town, etc., is part of marking it great. I feel you will miss out if you don't time to enjoy the atmosphere especially in London. London is the greatest city ever.