Please sign in to post.

London Itinerary

We'll be in London for 4 full days. Working on an itinerary. Would appreciate any input. Friday_ Tower of London Tube to Westminster Abbey and visit. Hoping to catch a Verger's tour. Follow Rick's walking tour Westminter to Trafalgar Square. Eat dinner somewhere in the area. Possibly a quick view of National Gallery if we're not too tired. Saturday- Hop on Hop off bus tour in the morning. Use the free cruise ticket from bus tour to take a cruise to Greenwich for the afternoon. Tube back to London. Sunday- Walking tour of Hampstead village Victoria and Albert museum or maybe Tate Not sure about the rest of the day. Monday- St Paul's Rick's City walk which will bring us to British Library for a visit. British museum If possible walks of london Westminster by gaslight tour. Are we attempting too much/too little? I know we'll need to be flexible. Weather, crowds etc.. TIA

Posted by
1986 posts

There is so much to see in London- follow your heart. Try and walk between different sights as much as you can, to experience London. So many interesting/quirky things to see that are "truly London". On one of my first days i was at the Tower and walked back along main roads and without realizing had walked all the way back to Hyde Park and saw so many interesting things. Tube is great for getting around, but also try the top deck of the red double decker bus, to get that same experience

Posted by
2724 posts

I don't think you've planned too much or too litte, Pat. It seems about right to me. Plus you seem to have the right attitude. A lot depends on how long you like to hang out in the museums. I think you've got the beginnings for a very good itinerary. Try to leave some time to walk in the parks [INVALID] they are beautiful. Regents Park is my favorite. The British Museum is fantastic, so try to make time for it. If you like WWII history, try to fit it the Cabinet War Rooms - one of my favorite things in London.