Please sign in to post.

London - Hotels

Will be going to London August/September and would like recommended hotels. Has anyone stayed at the Princess Square Hotel, if so, your opinion. Also, day trips out of London that are recommended. Any help on London is appreciated. Thanks
Atlanta

Posted by
3428 posts

Lorraine, I'll be glad to share an article I wrote about doing day trips from London by train. Just private message me with your email address and I'll send it to you. I wrote it a few years ago for AAA Carolina's "Go!" magazine.

Posted by
11294 posts

London has hundreds, if not thousands of hotels, as well as apartments (which many prefer). In order to help you narrow down the search: 1. How many of you are coming? 2. How long are you staying?
3. What is your price range, in pounds? 4. Are there any amenities you require or prefer to have (elevator, ensuite bathroom)? For hotels, day trips, and lots of other advice, get a copy of Rick Steves London, and maybe one or two other guidebooks as well (London is not Rick's favorite place, and you can sense it in the book; that doesn't mean he doesn't have lots of good tips, particularly for logistics like how to get around).

Posted by
1010 posts

You can get all types of day tours by bus. We have used Gray Line Tours (based here in the U.S). You can look at their tour options by going on-line to Gray Line Tours.com. Gray Line subcontracts the tours out in London. We went to Bath, Stonhenge, Windsor Castle, around London, etc. with Gray Line. We also went to Cambridge, Oxford, Wimbeldon, Kew Gardens, etc. on our own for the day, by using the tube or the train. You can do those places on your own. There are Hop-on, Hop-off buses in both Cambridge and Oxford. They are located right across the street from where you exit the trains.

Posted by
6713 posts

For day trips, depending on your time and interests: Cambridge or Oxford Hampton Court and/or Windsor Castle Greenwich
Canterbury People recommend Salisbury and Stonehenge but I've never day-tripped there from London and I'd think it would take too long, but maybe not. Certainly great destinations in their own right.