Please sign in to post.

London Hotels

For a trip to London this fall--we are looking at the following hotels: Morgan hotel; Rhodes Hotel; and the Crescent hotel. I'd be interested in any opinions (pro and con) for 2 "seniors" on holiday?

Posted by
1 posts

Rick, I was just about to post the same question as yours so was happy to see the names of the hotels that you are considering! If I find something else that looks perfect, I'll let you know as well.

Posted by
6 posts

Have you looked at the ratings on www.tripadvisor.com ? I would do that first; you can read reviews and see what people have said about the hotels. Probably easier than posting here, where there's a smaller pool of travelers. Cheers!

Posted by
1068 posts

My husband and I are not (quite) "seniors," but we are old enough to want hotel floors to be clean and the bathrooms speckless, and to appreciate comfy hospitality. We stay at the Georgian Hotel (not the Georgian House Hotel) when we're in London. It was recommened by a friend, and we have recommended it to many. Here's their website. http://www.georgianhotel-london.co.uk/

Inexpensive does NOT mean a "budget style" stay, in this instance. And the location is great - extremely close to both Regents Park and Hyde Park, near Oxford Street and Baker Street! It's close to the West End (we like theatre, so that's important to us - might not be to you) and there is an elevator! And breakfast is free.

Posted by
38 posts

I've stayed at the Rhodes hotel several times in the past 10 years. Chris and his wife are lovely people, very helpful. One night when my grown daughter stayed alone there, she became quite ill and Chris drove her to the A&E at St.Mary's Hospital. The location is sooooooooo convenient, a quick and easy stroll to Paddington train and underground, and not far from Lancaster Gate underground. The only down side for 2 'seniors' on holiday is you will have to climb the stairs. Alas, there is no elevator or lift,., Have fun. Jane