Please sign in to post.

London Hotels

Traveling solo with my kids to London on our way home from a few weeks in Europe. They are 12 and 16. Looking for a rather inexpensive hotel preferably in the area around the British museum or north. Is there a hotel that can accomodate us and not cost us a small fortune? We try to stay at hostels and such to travel inexpensively. We prefer to use our money on seeing the sights and having a nice dinner, We spend so little time in our hotels we really just b=need a bed. I'm not sure if I ant the boys to stay in a dorm without their dad while I'm in a female dorm.

Posted by
1068 posts

We always stay at the Gloucester Place Hotel, at 55 Gloucester Place. We get a nice big double - with fridge, microwave, sink, and kettle - for around $100/$125 a night. They have family rooms. Location is great - it's on the Bakerloo Line get off at Baker Street Station) a few blocks from the Marylebone Road. It's a couple of miles west (and slightly north) of the British Museum, and we find it ideally located to get to all the sights really quickly. Tube is 4 or 5 blocks away, and there are two bus stops directly outside the front door. There are two Tescos within quick walking distance (great for picking up juice, things to nuke, fresh fruit, pre-made salads, etc.), a local chippie, a Pizza Pizza (surprisingly good pizza for a budget-priced chain!), pubs (we like the Globe, on the Marylebone Road) and it is also close to Regents Park.

Posted by
11507 posts

Deb, , what is inexpensive to you ,, thats impossible to answer unless we know your budget range. I loved the place I have stayed at but its about 100 GBPs for a double, would be more for a triple, so not sure if that meets your criteria. I know that just down the street from my hotel was a Premier Inn ( Kensington) and they are economical .

Posted by
25 posts

I am hoping to keep it less than $200 pernight USD.