Please sign in to post.

London hotel

I am looking for a London hotel to stay in May. We are 2 young women who want a safe neighborhood (will be 1 young women for part of the trip), clean, want to stay inside tube zones 1 & 2, prefer A/C, breakfast included (continental ok) and wifi internet access included. Will be attending theater performances in the evenings, so close proximity or easy tube/small taxi fare would be a plus. Flexible on price, but would like less than $175 US. Our biggest concerns are safety and cleanliness. Does this exist?

Posted by
43 posts

It certainly can exist. Though if you can do without free wifi in the room, and without breakfast it can be easier.

check out betterbidding.com
Many people get a 5* in the Mayfair-Soho zone for as low as $130/nt plus fees, though many $165. It will tell you what the fees are before you commit.

We just returned from London (and Ireland) and stayed at Marriott Maida Vale about $140/night including taxes/fees. (through priceline, no breakfast or free wifi, but both pubs within 2 blocks had free wifi) 3 blocks from tube stop, 1/2 block from bus stops.

Feel free to contact me privately for info.

Posted by
11507 posts

You will not need ac in May,, you may need heat,, LOL

Posted by
2193 posts

Try the Cherry Court Hotel: http://www.cherrycourthotel.co.uk/index.html

It’s nothing fancy, but it is cheap, clean, and safe. The hotel is close to Victoria…I believe that’s zone 1. Another option is Blades Hotel in Pimlico: http://www.blades-hotel.co.uk/

It's also nothing fancy, but it will do. I stayed at both of these places in 2004 and would again if they're still about the same as they were. I'd have to check tripadvisor first.

Posted by
354 posts

Try hotels in the Bayswater/ Lancaster Gate area, some are cheap and it's near enough to the West End. Lively area shops, restaurants and many tourists. Gower Street also has some reasonably-priced hotels, it's in a student area - though the street I think, is relatively quiet (but safe.)

Posted by
32198 posts

Ann,

I was very pleased with my stay at This Hotel in the London Victoria area. It wasn't luxurious, but the rooms were very comfortable and the owners were wonderful!

It's only a short walk (~10 minutes) to London Victoria station (Tube and Rail) and even shorter ~2 minutes) to the London Victoria Coach Station. There's a great Wine Bar across the street. I believe they provide free Wi-Fi (I wasn't travelling with a computer on my last visit, but saw other guests happily surfing the net).

Happy travels!