Please sign in to post.

London hotel

Does anyone know why the Hart House Hotel is no longer on Rick's recommended list? It has been several years since I last stayed there but we did like it. I'm trying to make a decision between Hart House and the Lime Tree. Location seems to dictate Lime Tree, but if anyone can offer additional insights, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

Posted by
32171 posts

Anne, I wouldn't be too concerned about the fact that Hart House is no longer on the RS "approved" list. There are many reasons it could have been dropped from the Guidebooks. I'd just have a look at the websites for both places you mentioned and choose the one that appeals to you. The hotel I stayed at on my last visit to London has also been "removed" from the Guidebooks, but I would have no hesitation in staying there again. If I find that the quality has "slipped" since my last visit, I'll make my own decisions on whether to return there. Cheers!

Posted by
837 posts

Anne, forget both of them. For about the same money, you could stay at the Rembrandt Hotel, across the street from the Victoria and Albert Museum. Room included an incredible breakfast buffet. If you fly British Air, make the reservation through them, when you book your flight, and save more.